At the February 1, 1995, meeting of the KAAA Board of Directors, the KAAA Scholarship Fund was established, founded by Bob Faust. Helena Chemical Company is also a major annual contributor to the scholarship fund. Memorial and honorary contributions are welcome at any time and may be sent to the KAAA Treasurer. It is the intent of the Board of Directors that the fund be maintained at an endowed level, so that the interest from the fund will provide the scholarship funds. KAAA was chosen to administer the program and set forth the following criteria and procedures:
General Information and Directions
KAAA is offering one $2,500 scholarship annually to a high school graduate with special emphasis to relatives of current/paid KAAA members. This scholarship may be used for study at any university, junior college, vocational/trade school or for pilot instruction and certification.
- Recommended by a member of Kansas Agricultural Aviation Association
- Interested in, but not limited to, a career in agricultural, agricultural business, aviation or engineering
- Complete and submit the online application form along with your high school transcript, data sheet and references no later than March 15 for the school year commencing that same year (beginning with fall semester). Questions regarding the process may be directed to Brenda Gross at (620) 285-2071 or email@example.com. Scholarship awards will be determined no later than May 1. Two reference forms must be submitted to supplement the application form. The applicant should choose two individuals who have the known the applicant for at least three years to write these references. Relatives may not be used a reference. The reference forms need to be scanned and submitted with the online application no later than March 15. A data sheet which lists the applicant’s work and high school experience should be developed by the applicant and given to the individuals who will be providing references to aid those individuals in writing their letters of recommendation, as well as being included with the application.
- Scholarship funds will be issued upon evidence of enrollment being submitted to the KAAA Scholarship Committee Chairperson by the recipient. It shall be the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to contact the KAAA Scholarship Committee Chairperson in order to obtain the scholarship funds.
- Selection of the scholarship recipient will be made by seven individuals; a person involved or interested in aviation and/or agriculture; a person from the field of education; a person engaged in a business enterprise and the four members of the KAAA scholarship committee.
- This is not an automatically renewable scholarship and is not limited to first year college students.
If you have electronic (scanned) copies of your two completed reference forms and high school transcripts, and are ready to begin the online application process, click button below.Continue to Online Application